Clara Solley, dba
Castle Hill Bullmastiffs
2440 Warren Road
Oakland, TN 38060
Name ___________________________ D.O.B. ___________________________
Male _________ Female __________
AKC Litter Registration Number ____________
Agreement made __________, 2021_, between Clara Solley, dba Castle Hill Bullmastiffs (Breeder) and
______________________________________________________Telephone ( ) ____ - _______
Non-refundable deposit of $300.00 in the form of certified check or money order to hold puppy of your choice.
Amount paid at time of delivery: $__________
accepted on ____________________ (Breeder’s Initials/Date)
1. Sale of Animal. Breeder shall sell to Buyer and Buyer shall purchase from the Breeder the puppy identified above for a total purchase price of $3,000 (full breeding rights) or $2,500 (spay-neuter) and no cents which includes deposit if any.
2. Delivery. The place of delivery is at the Breeder’s home. Unfortunately, airlines will no longer allow transport by air.
PUPPY HEALTH GUARANTEE:
Your puppy has received the first of his vaccinations against: Parvo, Parainfluenza, and distemper, and has been wormed at least twice. All dogs are accompanied by an accurate and up-to-date medical history. Dogs are checked by a veterinarian prior to being picked up and are guaranteed to be in good health at this time. Buyer has 72 hours to have the puppy examined by a licensed vet. If the vet finds any life-threatening illness, the buyer may exchange the puppy for one of equal value, or a full refund. A vet certificate must be presented attesting to the problem and must be within the 3 day period. All vet fees incurred are buyer’s responsibility. For all puppies whose age at the date of sale precludes completion of the scheduled series of inoculations, it is required for the buyer to complete the scheduled series of inoculations on time by a licensed vet in order to protect the puppy, and for the health guarantee to remain valid. A timetable for the balance of inoculations will be determined by your vet.
In addition, until this series of inoculations has been completed the puppy should not be exposed to premises known to be or suspected of being contaminated by unhealthy animals. Please be mindful of all places you take your new puppy. This includes dog parks, pet stores, vet’s office (floor), or where unknown dogs or wild animals have been.
Note: There is no warranty against Coccidiosis, Parasites, Viral or Bacterial Infections, Bloat, or Parvo. These conditions are outside of the breeders control.
ONE-YEAR GUARANTEE AGAINST GENETIC DEFECTS:
If your dog, during the first year of age is found to have a serious life threatening genetic defect, Buyer is to notify in writing the defect. Proof of regular vet care and inoculations and a written explanation from a licensed vet stating defect must be furnished. Puppy will be replaced at no charge as soon as another pup of the same color and gender is available. OR, in special cases (ex: medical treatment will ensure the puppy will live a healthy life), Seller will reimburse the Buyer the cost of any vet bills incurred to diagnose and treat a problem, NOT TO EXCEED the purchase price of the puppy.
This guarantee is valid only to the original owner and void if resold or given away.
4. Conditions of Ownership.
- Puppies are sold on a spay/neuter contract and come with an AKC Limited Registration. Limited Registrations are endorsed by AKC to discourage the breeding of “pet quality” puppies. Your puppy will be AKC registered; however any litters will not be registerable. This does not by any means diminish the quality or health of your puppy. As part of the spay/neuter cost, Breeder will reimburse the buyer $100.00 when furnished with appropriate documentation from the veterinarian. Spay/neuter must be completed by the age of 12 months. See attached information regarding reversing this designation.
- Owner agrees to maintain said puppy in good and proper health and condition, feed quality food, veterinarian care, and other general and ordinary care as is necessary. Owner also agrees to maintain said puppy as a pet. Bullmastiffs make great house dogs and guardians. The dog is never to be tied or chained. Said animal shall not be permitted to run free except within a fenced yard.
- Owner may at no time use or allow to be used said animal for fighting and/or attack purposes.
- Owner agrees that at any time and for any reason, Owner should wish to sell and/or transfer ownership of said animal, Breeder requires buyer to ask Seller for assistance in rehoming the puppy.
- Owner agrees to use the “Castle Hill” prefix in the name of said puppy upon registering said puppy with the AKC.
5. Enforcement. If an action is instituted to enforce any term or provision of this agreement, said action will be brought in the county and Province of Breeder and Owner shall pay all costs expenses incurred in connection therewith, including reasonable attorney’s fees. If this Contract is violated in any manner, Breeder reserves the right to peacefully and lawfully enter Owner’s property/home to remove and take possession of said Animal. Breeder may be accompanied by, and/or may send, an agent assigned by Breeder for this purpose. Owner agrees to immediately surrender A.K.C. Registration Paper(s) to Breeder or Breeder’s Agent at the time said Animal is repossessed for violation of this Contract.
6. Indemnification. Owner shall indemnify and hold harmless Breeder, it’s agents, servants, successors, and assigns from and against all losses, damages, injuries, claims, expenses, including legal expenses, of whatsoever nature arising out of the acts of said animal and shall defend any suit seeking such damages.
From AKC Website:
Limited Registration means that the dog is registered but no litters produced by that dog are eligible for registration.
Chapter 3, Section 4A of the AKC's Rules Applying to Registration and Discipline states the following: "Limited Registration may be requested for a dog when application for individual registration of the dog is submitted, provided the application, together with a request for such limitation, is filed by the owner(s) of the litter at birth.
No offspring of a dog for which Limited Registration has been granted is eligible for registration. Each registration certificate for such dog shall carry notice of the limitation, and the limitation shall continue, regardless of any change of ownership, unless and until the owner(s) of the litter at birth shall apply to AKC for removal of the limitation."
A dog registered with an AKC Limited Registration shall be ineligible to be entered in a breed competition in a licensed or member dog show. It is eligible, however, to be entered in any other licensed or member event. These events include: Obedience, Tracking, Field Trials, Hunting Tests, Herding, Lure Coursing, Agility and Earthdog.
Limited Registration is determined by the litter owner(s). The litter owner(s) check the Limited box on the AKC Dog Registration Application.
Limited Registration certificates are white with an orange border; the Full Registration certificate is white with a purple border.
Limited Registration can be changed to Full Registration only by the litter owner(s). The litter owner(s) will need to obtain the Application to Revoke Limited Status. That form will then need to be completed and sent to our Raleigh address with the processing fee. After processing, we will send a Full Registration certificate to the dog's owner.
Limited Registration helps breeders protect their breeding programs. If breeders do not want puppies used for breeding purposes, they can request the Limited Registration option for those puppies.
The American Kennel Club does not license or endorse anyone engaged in the commerce of selling purebred dogs and, therefore, has no control over the business practices of those involved in such transactions. Membership in the American Kennel Club is comprised of independent dog clubs located throughout the United States. No individual persons are members of the AKC.
The AKC will not become involved in disputes concerning 'full' or 'limited' registration of a dog. These disputes must be resolved by the parties involved in the sale of the dog. The only exception to this is in cases where there is a contract, signed by all parties involved and made at the time of the dog sale that stipulates the registration status. In those cases, AKC will initiate an inquiry on the matter.
Note: It is often impossible to determine how a puppy will look as an adult. An owner may want to revoke a Limited Status in the event their dog is exceptional and the owner wishes to breed or show the dog. The seller will be happy to assist the buyer in this process.